During the BBC Gardeners World Live Florist Holland, Peter Seabrook and Fresh at Burcot Garden Centre created an impressive floral display that has never been done before. We built a pyramid of 4.5m high and 90m2. The 90m2 pyramid was completely decorated with Garvinea® the first true garden Gerbera. The spectacular bright colours of the flowers and the magnitude of the Pyramid made this an exceptional and eye-catching display in the Floral Marquee.
The responses from the visitors were very enthusiastic. Both for the display as for the Garvinea®. During the BBC Gardeners World Live visitors were able to buy the Garvinea® from the Fresh at Burcot Garvinea® team. On Sunday 800 Garvinea’s from the pyramid were sold in one hour to the visitors of the event.
The pyramid was decorated with the Garvinea® series Sweet Surprise (purple), Sweet Memories (pink), Sweet Love (red) and Sweet Honey (orange). These bright coloured flowers make the Garvinea® a must-have, but this garden plant has more strong qualities.
The benefits of Garvinea® in a nutshell
- The first true garden Gerbera.
- Flowering period from early spring until first frost.
- Produces up to 100 flowers per plant per year.
- The large flowers attract pollinators and let them make their contribution to the ecosystem.
- Flowers can be picked and used as cut flowers. Extra benefit, plucking stimulates the creation of new buds on the plant.
- Organic gardening becomes easy, because this Garvinea® is high resistance to pests and diseases.